With origins stemming from techniques used in caving and climbing, modern rope access work has evolved, both on and offshore.
Each rope access task has specific attributes that need to be assessed in order to maintain the highest level of safety when the work is being performed. This assessment is also critical to ensure that there is minimal disruption to the property, environment and individuals.
There are numerous advantages associated with modern rope access techniques, these include:
- Cost Effective
- Time Efficient
- Safe and Reliable
- Equipment – Lightweight and Manoeuvrable
- Ease of Installation / Uninstallation
- Ability to access otherwise inaccessible locations
- Man-Risk Hours Typically Reduced
- Minimal Disruption to Working Environment / Individuals